In Android app development, support libraries have an important role. Without them, It might difficult to provide a consistent look and feel in all devices.
If you are a beginner and experimenting with online tutorials, there may be a chance to edit the gradle file directly for adding the library as a dependency, sometimes wait for a download too.
Before doing that you can perform the following procedures to find and add an available version of the same support library. You can use this way to add appcompat, design, cardview, recyclerview and so on.
Now we will add design support library to our project. We assume that you opened Android Studio and your project.
Okay… Let’s go.
- File->Project Structure you can use “Ctrl + Alt + Shift + S ” key combinations.
- click the app module.
- Click the Dependencies tab, you will see the already added libraries below. click the + Button shown in the Right side of the window.
- Choose library dependency from available options.
- Choose library dependency dialog will be visible now. You can search here or choose the desired library that you want from the list. After your selection, just click OK.
- The selected library will be added as a dependency in your dependencies tab list and click OK.
- Just look at the build.gradle(Module: app) file dependency section, Android Studio will have added your selected library.Please share it and your valuable comments will help us to improve.