Having trouble with USB debugging???
Want to reduce the usage of USB??
In this post, we will show you two methods that help you to run the app over WiFi in Android Studio.
Yes, this is simple, efficient and it will benefit you in the long run. If you are a beginner, we recommend you to take the strategy NO:1.
Are you curious to find out what it is ??
Strategy NO:1 – Using Android WiFi ADB plugin
What will you need
- USB cable – initial setup
- Android Wifi ADB plugin
- Efficient way to make APK and reduce android build time
- Reduce Android App Development Time Using Genymotion free emulator – for personal use
- Android AsyncTask Example
Open Android Studio,
- Click Shift key twice or search icon at the top – right side corner of the Android Studio
- Search “plugins“
- Click on plugins item on the list
You can also get plugins window by File->Settings->Plugins
- Now plugins window will appear, just click on “Browse repositories“
- Search “Android Wifi ADB” plugin”
- Select “Android WiFi ADB” from plugins list”
- Install it.
- The plugin will be downloaded.
Click “Restart Android Studio“.
- Android Studio shows a notification Restart Android Studio to activate changes in plugins? Click “Yes“
- Make sure that USB debugging is fine and successfully connected with the USB cable.
- After the restart, just click the Android WiFi ADB icon that besides the run button like above.